Then I spoke to Douglas Lavine of The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International. He seemed knowledgeable and sincere. He took the time to explain exactly what services his company would provide... He provided me with local references and the names of other organizations (including Unions) that he had worked with... The fire took place on December 12. By March 15 we were pleasantly surprised by the settlement The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International had negotiated on our behalf.
Dwaine Lamothe, President
You just suffered serious damage to your property and you are wondering what to do next.
You call your insurance company and wait for an adjuster to come out hoping that they will have your best interests at heart.
You moved from the asset side of your insurance company's ledger to the liability side of their ledger.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Make sure you fully understand the meaning of each of the following before you move forward. Feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
Pollutants - How does your policy address?
Temporary locations - How to handle air quality?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Replacing versus repairing production lines. Pros and cons.
Temporary production in other owned or non-owned locations? What happens at the end of your claim?
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Warranties and Protective Safeguard Requirements.
- What do they mean?
- What if you are not in full compliance?
- Can you still collect?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
Utilizing proformas/budgets to calculate loss of income.
What is the extended period of indemnity, and how does it work?
Employees' tools - How does the policy respond?
Are vehicles covered? What about engines and parts?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Increased efficiency and productivity with new equipment. Does the insurance company get a “credit?”
How does the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your machinery? Your computers and other electronics?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address codes?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
What are extra expenses? What can be included?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get classified? What is covered?
Credit for continuing sales. How are they calculated?
- What if you have another location and your policies are not blanket?
- What if they are blanket?
What happens if you open your business elsewhere and you are successful? What if you are not successful?
Automobile Agencies/Automotive Client References
- A & F Engine
- A-1 Performance
- Adams Auto Body
- Arizona Transmission & Engine Exchange
- Arlen Ness Motorcycles
- Auto Palace
- Azar's Car Care Center
- Bad Boys Car Audio
- Bonded Motors
- Browns Auto Garage
- Calderon Tires & Wheels
- Califa Engine & Parts
- Damskov Auto Sales
- Datum Precision
- Don Scharf Automotive
- Express Auto Parts
- Greenlight Repair Center
- Greshham Toyota
- Hughson Auto & Hardware
- Innovative Car Audio
- Kaeding Performance
- LAX Wheel Refinishing
- Lead Foot Linda's Garage & Tire
- Maurice J. Sopp & Son Chevrolet Bellwood Chevrolet
- Medved Autoplex
- Mike's Auto Glass / Fast Glass
- Muller Engines & Machine Shop
- Nilson Brothers Garage
- Nutek Auto Repair
- Renteria Auto Parts
- Robert & Christi Hahn
- Rocky Mountain RV World
- Santos Ford Lincoln Mercury
- Security Chevrolet
- Siegfried's Motors, Inc.
- Silicon Valley Hummer
- Stith Chevrolet Oldsmobile
- Sunnyoaks Shell
- Super Auto Dismantler
- Torre Nissan
- United Automobile Workers Union
- William Morris Chevrolet
- World Auto Parts