...your lead adjuster took command of our claim and negotiations with our insurance carrier and has returned more than three times what the initial claim value appeared to be. As a result of all your fine efforts, we have been able to rebuild a new facility, larger than the one we lost; installed a state of the art packing line; and have improved our site facility all for the amount of the settlement. We initially looked at your fee as a cost of doing business. It turns out that the fee we paid of $218,858.00 was a true value compared to the additional reimbursements The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International was able to negotiate on the claim.
Insurance Claim Services For farm properties
When your farm suffers property damage, your main focus should be on getting your operations up and running—yesterday.
You don’t have time for a drawn out insurance claim process or for the stacks of complicated paperwork required. When your livestock and crops wiped out and your tractors and forklifts are damaged, you need to recoup your losses fast.
At Adjusters International, our experts help farms like yours, get the money they’re entitled to—sooner.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Farm / Ranch
Factors To Consider
Increased efficiency and productivity with new equipment. Does the insurance company get a “credit?”
How can you use industry statistics/surveys to support projected crop yields?
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants to prepare a bid.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Federal grants and subsidies. Are they considered income?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get classified? What is covered?
Does your risk manager have the requisite skill sets to negotiate a large property claim?
Growing crops cannot be processed? How do they fit into your property claim and your business interruption claim?
How does the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your equipment? Your computers and other electronics?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Valuation of raw materials. Work in progress. Finished goods. Methodologies employed.
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code issues?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active of passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Farm/Ranch Client References
- Al Lion
- Alfred & Consuelo Velasco
- Alta Apiaries
- Anderson Hay & Grain Co
- Aries Prepared Beef
- Aslan Cold Storage
- Bar-Ale Inc.
- Bell's Nursery
- Bert & Kristi Giguiere
- Bishop Nursery / All Around irrigation
- Blue Banner Company
- Boise Cold Storage Company
- Cal Farms Leonard Farms
- Cal Worthington
- Carol & Steve Starling
- Colombia Farms
- Courtright Enterprises
- Culver Fiber & Fuel
- DeKruyf, Dumex & Legacy Dairies
- Diamond RB Grass Seed Processing
- DiMare, Inc.
- Dina Farms
- Empire Rubber & Supply
- Eureka Ice House
- Eurofresh Farms
- Facciola Meat Company
- Far West Meats
- Farmers Cold Storage & Freezers
- Fowler Packing Company
- Foxy Fresh Produce
- General Cigar Holdings
- Glen's Market
- Gonzales Packing
- Gordon Nelson
- Greener Nurseries
- Gulfstream Tomato Packers
- Hal Kelly Grain & Milling
- Hamilton Meats
- Harris Farms, Inc. / Harris Fresh
- Harvest Fresh Produce
- Hinrichs Trading Company
- Hollandia Dairy
- Huntington Farms / Steinbeck Country Farms
- Inland - Joseph Produce Co. Formerly: Orchard Siding
- Inland Fruit & Produce Company
- James & Earline Santoni
- Jerry & Patricia Airola
- Jess Raymond Brasier / Sherri Echols
- Jessandra Vineyards
- John Anderson
- Jones Orchards
- Jones Produce
- Julius Goldman Egg City
- L. A. Meat Company
- La Brea Kosher Market
- Labbeemint, Inc.
- Lancaster Company
- Los Banos Gravel Company
- Magic Valley Livestock Feed
- Maja Equipment Company
- Mecca Farms Inc.
Mikailian Meat Products
- Moniz Portuguese Sausage
- Monterey Mushroom
- National Food Corporation
- Nature Quality Partners
- O'Neill Vintners & Distillers
- Oberto Sausage Co.
- Ojai Avacado Ranch
- Olives, Inc.
- Pacific Ethanol
- Pacific Farm Company
- Parkinson Seed Farm
- Phyllis Faber
- Picchetti Winery
- The Plant Company
- Point Four, Inc.
- Quaker Maid
- R&R Ranches
- Rancho Cold Storage
- Rancho Foods Incorporated
- Rebecca & Theodore Kracke
- Robert & Connie Silveira
- Robert Mann Packaging
- S & W Seed Company
- San Antonio Winery
- San Joaquin Marketing Association
- San Joaquin Valley Dairymen Assoc. Richard Hughes, Accountant
- San Juan Mushroom Farm
- Santa's Christmas Tree Village
- Scott & Marci Cole
- Shadowdale Elevators Inc.
- Shelldance Bromeliad & Nursery
- Silva Farms
- Silver Creek Supply Company
- Silver Vase
- Silveria Brothers Farm
- Smucker Pelleting
- Springfield Creamery
- Stephen Pavich & Sons
- Steven Hunt
- Stevinson Ranch Golf Club
- Strain Ranches
- Stratford Growers
- Suiza Dairy
- Summerwinds Garden Centers
- Sun Dry Products
Sun Valley Raisins
Superior Fruit Equipment
- Sylvester International
- T16 Management
- Tatham & Jones Apple Packers
- Tennyson & Linda Tucker
- Thomas & Christine Livingston
- Traynham Warehouse
- Tri Counties Packing Corporation
- Triple G Dairy
- Turnbull Wine Cellars
- U.S. Fertilizer
- United Farm Workers of America
- Valley Sun Products of Ca.
- Verni Farms & Verni Olive Oil
- Verone Sausage
- Village Farms
- von Strasser Winery
- Wawona Frozen Foods
- Wilkey Sheet Metal
- Wines & Vines
- Young's Farm
- Zamzow's Feed & Garden Stores