We were out of our league without sufficient knowledge to make these important decisions until you and your staff arrived on the scene. Your knowledge of the claims process and ability to focus the necessary expertise on our claim was invaluable.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Hotel, Motel & Resort
Factors To Consider
Can guests stay in the undamaged rooms? Liability issues may make this a dangerous idea.
What happens if you place guests in other hotels you own? Does the insurance company get a credit?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Asbestos and lead containing materials can have a major impact on your claim. Make sure they are addressed properly to avoid future liability issues.
Frequently insurance companies use independent building consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Title 24 and handicap bathrooms, bars, seating and dance floors. What does it mean to you? Your claim?
Will the insurance company continue to pay franchise fees while your hotel is closed?
If you place guests in undamaged rooms, how does it affect your business income claim?
What is your broker/agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Replacement properties. Lease purchase strategy. Is it good for you?
Is it always beneficial for your building/property to be considered a “total loss?” If not, why not?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code coverage?
- Green building upgrades?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
If your restaurant is destroyed but the hotel units are not impacted, will your business interruption pay for your loss of sales due to no restaurant being available?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get classified? What is covered?
Hotel, Motel & Resort Client References
- Choice Hotels International
- Classic Resorts
- DIVI Resorts
- Encore Hospitality
- Four Seasons Maui
- Governor House Hotel
- Hampton Inn
- Historic Hotels of America
- Hotel Inter-Continental New Orleans
- Islands Of Mauna Lani
- John's Tahoe Nugget Casino
- Manhattan Hospitality Advisors
- Mauna Kea Resort / Seibu, Inc.
- Northwest Lodging / Ramada Inns
- Ramada Inn Panama City Beach
- Sherwood Resort Guam
- Sundance Partners, Ltd.
- Wyndham Hotels
Resources for Hotels/Motels
Insights for Your Industry® is our E-publication created to help specific industries protect their property. For example, our first three editions cover hoteliers and the issues related to property claims that are important to their business following a disaster. Articles are written from a policyholder’s perspective and include real-life examples as a comprehensive guide to improve disaster preparedness.
- Disaster Preparedness - Why Hotels Need to be Ready
- Your Annual Insurance Check-Up — Why Bother?
- Coinsurance — What Is It and Why Is It Important?
- Bed Bug Infestation — A Concern for Hospitality Industry
- Automatic Sprinkler System Malfunctions
- Innkeeper’s Liability for Loss to Guest’s Property
- Ordinance or Law Insurance — Are You Covered?
- Pranksters and Vandalism - How to Protect Hotel Property
Adjusting Today® is a free resource from AI covering the most current insurance topics and critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. It’s written by the leading insurance experts and from the policyholder’s perspective and includes real-life examples to provide insurance agents and brokers, risk managers, attorneys, business owners and other business professionals the context and knowledge to improve disaster preparedness.