How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Restaurant / Tavern
Factors To Consider
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants on large claims to prepare a bid.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Replacing versus replacing equipment. Pros and cons.
How do the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your equipment? Your computers and other electronics?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address codes?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t you just have your accountant prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
What are the extra expenses? What can be included?
How are tips treated? Are they considered continuing payroll?
Title 24 and handicap bathrooms, bars, seating and dance floors. What does it mean to you? Your claim?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Temporary locations? What happens at the end of your claim?
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Warranties and Protective Safeguard Requirements.
- What do they mean?
- What if you are not in full compliance?
- Can you still collect?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
How do you project lost sales? Sales declines?
You own multiple restaurants in a geographic area and sales go up at other locations as a result of the fire. Does the insurance company get credit?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get identified? What is covered?
Restaurant / Tavern Client References
- 49 Square
- Amici's East Coast Pizzeria
- Antojitos Mexican Food
- Aranda's Tortilla Company
- Buona Sera Cucina Italiana
- Burger King
- Cafe Cobblestone
- California Fast Food Services
- Cambria Pines Lodge
- Cask 'N Cleaver Restaurants
- Cha Cha Cha Restaurant
Chabot Canyon Racquet Club
- Cherry Sushi
- Club 7969
- Club Domain
- Coral Tree Cafe
- De Angelos Restaurant
- Dino's Pizzeria
- Dolce & Salato
- El Tapatio Restaurant
- Emil Villa's Hickory Pit
- Famous Sams
- Fish & Farm
- Fleur De Lys
- Giovanni's Shady Glenn Inn
- Gladstones's for Fish RJ's the Rib Joint
- Golden Bear Lodge
- Golden Corral / Ashman Foods
- The Grand Café
- Greenhouse Restaurant
- Hamburger Hamlet Restaurants
- Happy Garden Restaurant
- Harris Farms, Inc. / Harris Fresh
- The Highland House
- Ijji Sushi
- In-N-Out Burgers, Inc.
- Izzi's Deli
- JoJo's Cafe
- JStones Whitehouse
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) / Kazi Foods
- L& L Chinese Restaurant
- L'Auberge Chez Francois
- Lark Creek Inn
- Limon Restaurant
- Magic Castle
- Mixteca Mexican Food
- Mucca Eats
- Original Joe's Restaurant
- Palvy's Restaurant
- Patrick's Roadhouse
- Paul DiAmico's Restaurant
- The Play Room
- Rio Nido Lodge
- Rusty's Pizza Parlor
- Santa Cruz Mexican Cuisine
- Stevens Steak House
- Taco Bell - Tabellco
- Taqueria San Miguel
- Tico's Tacos
- Two of Diamonds Tavern
- Wildcat Lounge
- Willow Street Wood Fired Pizza
- Won Kok Palace / Won Kok Inn
- World Famous Sears' Fine Food
- Xochimilco Mexican Restaurant
Insights for Your Industry® is our E-publication created to help specific industries protect their property. For example, our first three editions cover hoteliers and the issues related to property claims that are important to their business following a disaster. Articles are written from a policyholder’s perspective and include real-life examples as a comprehensive guide to improve disaster preparedness.