Public Adjusters for Commercial Fire Damage
According to the National Fire Protection Association, business owners and organizations suffer $2.3 billion in commercial and industrial property losses each year.
Fire claims are especially complex for the different types of damage they cause, all of which have to be documented and proven to your insurance company. For example, fire can create serious damage from smoke, burning residue, and corrosive substances released in the flames. There can also be substantial water damage from the effort to extinguish the blaze. In the aftermath, your property and valuables may be exposed to the elements and become more damaged if not addressed immediately. As the policyholder, it is your responsibility to minimize the damage while you focus on keeping your business running. Do you also have the time to handle your insurance claim?
Your insurance company may present an offer they think is sufficient based on their own damage assessment by their own fire insurance adjuster. Shouldn’t you also have a professional on your side whose interests are parallel with yours? The Greenspan Co. public adjusters work only for you to evaluate, document, and prove the full scope of loss and negotiate your claim for the maximum amount.
We help business owners maximize their fire claims and get back to business sooner throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada, including policyholders in San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Pleasanton, Santa Barbara, Malibu, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Encino, Torrance, Riverside, Orange County, Irvine, Palm Springs, San Diego, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Las Vegas.
Allow us to be your partner in recovery, our public adjusters are ready to be by your side for the full recovery process.
What To Focus On After Fire Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Can smoke damage be removed/neutralized?
How can you identify/document items that are totally destroyed?
Your insurance company pays less if you clean/restore as much of your equipment and improvements as possible. Is that a good idea?
How do the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your machinery? Your computers, equipment, and other electronics?
If water used in suppressing the fire causes mold and fungus, is the ensuing damage covered?
Asbestos, lead, and other hazardous materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to prepare your claim and to avoid future liability issues? Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. You want to make sure to not cut corners when addressing this issue. You want to make sure to not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire. How does your insurance policy address code coverage? Also, what about any Green building upgrades? Checking the correct building codes before you prepare your claim is critical.
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant? What is his/her role? Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim? You will have to produce your financial statements and possibly your tax return. You may need to recast your financial statements? If so, why? What are extra expenses? What can be included?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
How much of my time will this take?
What is pressurized smoke?
How Our Team Helps You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
Ace Novelty Company
- Albert "Sandy" Gallin Mirage Entertainment & Sports
- Alberta Gas & Chemical
- Alex & Jean Kyman (Vice Chairman City National Bank)
- American Pacific Engineering (Pepcon)
- American Rag C.I.E.
- Arctic Cold Storage
- Artcrafters Cabinets
- Athlone Industries
- Atlanta Oil Services Div Of: Advanced Petroleum
- Avery Products
- Avistar Communications
- Barbeques Galore
- Barry Swenson Builders
- Bay West Properties
- Beaulieu of America
- Beno's Department Stores
- Best Western International
- Boral Industries
- Boy Scouts of America / Los Angeles Area Council
- Brighton Stores
- Buchalter, Nemer, Fields & Younger
- Bugle Boy Clothing
- The Burruss Company
- Byer Sportsware
- Cambria Pines Lodge
- Carriage Industries, Inc.
- Cask 'N Cleaver Restaurants
- Cattelus, Inc. formerly Santa Fe Southern Pacific Corp.
- Center Theatre Group
- Cherokee Clothing
- China Basin Properties
- Choice Hotels International
- City National Bank
- The City of Whittier California
- Classic Resorts
- Clothestime, Inc.
- Coast Federal Bank
- Coast Metal Craft
- Coates & Sowards
- Contech Consultants, Inc.
- Continental Airlines
- Continental Currency Services
- Continental Graphics
- Crew Knitwear
- D.H.A. Siamwalla Ltd.
- Dairy Fresh / Ever Fresh
- Darling International
- Delta Flo Manufacturing
- Designworks, Inc.
- Developers Management Services (DMSI) Watt Industries
- DiMare, Inc.
- DIVI Resorts
- The Dubnoff Center
- Empire Rubber & Supply
- Encore Hospitality
- Eurofresh Farms
- Facciola Meat Company
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (F.D.I.C)
- Foremost Midwest World Headquarters
- Fowler Packing Company
- Foxy Fresh Produce
- Frank Bashor Supplies
- Gelson's Market
- General Cigar Holdings
- Gerber Childrenswear
- Gleason Corporation Missouri Fabricated Products
- Golden Valley Road Partnership (Paul Mitchell Cosmetics)
- Goodman Real Estate
- Grey Advertising
- Gumps Department Store
- H & E Home Centers
- Hamburger Hamlet Restaurants
- Harris Farms, Inc. / Harris Fresh
- Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Historic Hotels of America
- Hyundai Steel Industries
- Image Entertainment, Inc.
- Imperial Toy
- In-N-Out Burgers, Inc.
- Industrial Sterilization of Nevada
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
- Interstate Building
- J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises Eunice Kenndy Shriver
- Julius Goldman Egg City
- Kennedy Associates Real Estate Counsel
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) / Kazi Foods
- Kit Manufacturing Company
- Kornwasser & Associates
- Kuk Rim USA / Encor-Tex Company
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
- Lark Creek Inn
- Las Vegas Sun
- LaSalle Hotel Properties
- Left Bank Restaurant
- Levi Strauss Company
- Lockheed Aircraft
- Lorber Industries
- Lorenzo & Kimberly di Bonaventura (Pres.Theatrical ProD., Warner Bros)
- Loro Piana
- LSG Lufthansa Services
- The Macerich Company
- Malden Mills Industries
- Marshall Durbin Companies
- McDonald's of Barstow
- Medigloves, Ltd.
- Metrotech Corporation
- Meyer Crest, Ltd.
- Miles Chemical Corporation
- MM Financial, LLC
- The Molasky Group Of Companies Ovation Developement Corporation
- Monroe & Friedlander Management
- Murry's Family of Fine Food
- Naartjie Custom Kids
- National Dollar Stores
- National Education Corporation
- National Food Corporation
- National Investment Properties
- National Power Company / Big Valley Power
- National Technical Systems
- Neasi-Weber International
- Orca Bay Seafoods
- Ortho Mattress
- Otis Spunkmeyer
- Pacific Corrugated Pipe Company
- Pacific Ethanol
- Pacific Southwest Container
- Paladin, USA
- Paramount Petroleum
- Passco Real Estate Enterprises
- Patisserie Francaise
- Patten College
- Payless Cashways, Inc.
- The Pillsbury Company
- Pinnacle Entertainment
- Pizza Hut
- Plitt Theatres
- The Port Authority Of NY & NJ The World Trade Center
- Premier Asset Management
- Professional Plastics
- Protocare, Inc.
- Pyrograph, Inc.
- Qantel Business Systems
- Quaker Maid
- Red Lobster
- Reno Tahoe International Airport
- Revere Copper Products
- Rickel Home Centers
- Rusty Pelican Restaurants
- Samsung America Inc. Samsung Washington Inc.
- Samy's Camera
- San Joaquin Valley Dairymen Assoc. Richard Hughes, Accountant
- Santana Row / Federal Realty Investment Trust
- Sawyer of Napa
- Service Merchandise Company
- Shadowdale Elevators Inc.
- Shaklee Corporation
- Shapell Industries / S & S Homes
- Sherman Oaks Fashion Mall
- Silicon General
- Snyder's of Hanover
- Sonic Industries A Dover Diversified Company
- Southern Pacific Lines
- Specialty Merchandise Corp.
- Spectra Image, Inc.
- Standard Management Company
- Standard Shoes
- The Starbucks Building
- State Bar of California
- Stomp, Inc.
- Stroud's Linen Warehouse
- Sundance Partners, Ltd.
- Sunseeds Division of Westseeds
- Sunset Gower Studios / Pick-Vanoff
- Superior Industries International
- Swaner Hardwood
- Thomas Nix Distributors
- Tralisa Restaurants
- Trammell Crow Residential
- Transamerica Reality
- Trend Offset Printing
- Trinity River Lumber Mill
- Tuxacco Inc. / Lord West Accessories
- U. S. Care
The United States
National Park Service
Consumer Products Group
- US Boys
- USA Multifamily Housing
- Van Gilder Insurance Corporation
- Vendome Liquors
- Ventana Big Sur
- Vickers Concrete Sawing
- Village Farms
- Vishay Intertechnology
- Warner Hollywood Studios Samuel Goldwyn Studios
- Willow Street Wood Fired Pizza
- Windsor Fashions
- Wyndham Hotels
- York International
- Zimmerman Investments
...When the mill was destroyed by fire, a consultant to the milling industry and a person we had trust in, recommended we meet with you. He spoke of past positive experiences and suggested that we not go it alone. His advice turned out to be right…You carefully and successfully argued that our buildings, because of the ways in which they were connected, should be considered as “one”, thereby reducing any penalties we would incur. You controlled the scope on the equipment and, as such, clearly were able to negotiate the best outcome on our behalf. You successfully argued for increased costs of construction, and were able to collect them in our behalf, due to codes, in spite of our insurer’s attempts to deny us any payments under this policy extension. And lastly, you made sure that we collected for every single coverage that our policy afforded under our business interruption and extra expense coverage’s….In conclusion, it’s very clear that with you on our team, we collected millions more in payments than we would have without you. You allowed us the valuable time and resources for us to focus on redesign and reconstruction, allowing us to reopen our doors and again become the largest employer in Weaverville. Due to your efforts, a community was saved. You followed through on everything you promised.Trinity River Lumber Company
- Ace Novelty Company
It was in late November that an arsonist set a devastating fire to a popular Maryland hotel. The hotel, just five miles from Washington, D.C., does the majority of its business during the city’s cherry blossom season. If the season was missed, they would not only lose that year’s tour business, but bookings for the following years were also at risk.
A springtime generator explosion and resulting fire totally destroyed Euro Fresh's 4 megawatt power generating station; severely damaged the adjacent…
The Mountain Green Ski & Golf Resort in Killington, Vermont, suffered a devastating fire loss at the end of ski season. The fire began in an underground parking garage, burning so hot that it melted a portion of the structural steel supporting the seven-story condo resort.
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A fire destroyed a wood framed three-story addition to an existing hotel in El Centro, California. The addition was framed, rough electrical and…
An historic building that was home to Fresno High School was under renovation. Roofers were at work on a section of the roof when an explosion set…
A major gas explosion destroyed the Harris garlic processing facility, killing one employee and destroying the building, an old cotton gin, and the…
IOTA Engineering, a leading developer and manufacturer of fluorescent emergency lighting, AC/DC power conversion products, and DC inverter ballasts…
DiMare is a major grower and packer of fruits and vegetables with facilities throughout the United States. In the summer of 2000, four weeks before…
A major fire severely damaged a twenty-story poured-in-place concrete structure occupied as an office condominium in Honolulu, Hawaii. Ninety…
A fire destroyed two three-bedroom luxury condominium units on the island of Kona, Hawaii. Two neighboring units were also severely…
The electrical wiring to the sound system in The Village Baptist Church in Marin malfunctioned and started a fire in the chapel. The fire destroyed…