Public Adjusters for Collapse Damage
As your policyholder advocate, we clear potential roadblocks with your insurance company to get you the money you are entitled to from your house collapse claim.
A house collapse can happen from sudden natural disasters like a mudslide or hidden causes that over time compromised the structural integrity of your home, such as insufficient construction methods and draining systems, decay, and infestation. Even heavy collection of rainwater on your rooftop could lead to roof damage and be considered a cause of your house collapse.
Still, your homeowners insurance policy may state exclusions or limitations related to these causes that could limit your coverage if you suffer collapse property damage. It can leave you vulnerable to an unreasonable damage assessment by your insurance company and its adjusters that will not get you what you deserve.
The Greenspan Co. team of public adjusters works only on your behalf, bringing to the situation unmatched professional experience in claim management.
We have helped policyholders in San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Pleasanton, Santa Barbara, Malibu, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Encino, Torrance, Riverside, Orange County, Irvine, Palm Springs, and San Diego — as well as in and around Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada. Our public adjusters are fluent in your policy coverage, properly evaluate and document the extent of property damage, and negotiate your collapse claim for the maximum amount so you and your family can recover sooner.
What To Focus On After Collapse Damage
How much do I really need to know?
How can I minimize the emotional toll on my family?
How can I minimize the effect on my work/career?
How large an advance should I expect?
Is there anyone on my side?
How much time over the next several months will you need to put aside to handle your claim properly? How will all those hours affect your family? Your job?
What is the emotional investment that you will need to commit to the process?
Can you get paid for your time?
Are you entitled to an advance from the insurance company? What is reasonable?
What is your broker or agent’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Are you familiar with the forms/practices below and what their request/issuance is telescoping? Request for a Proof of Loss. Reservation of Rights letter. Request for an Examination Under Oath.
What does it mean when the insurance company recommends a preferred vendor? Who is this vendor working for, really?
Contractors may tell you they can do what public adjusters can do. Can they really? What is their background and education in insurance? Are they bonded? In many states, like California, it’s even against the law!
What is the insurance company’s motivation in preparing a reconstruction estimate for you? The policy says it is your responsibility. Why are they willing to do it? How do they benefit?
What is the difference between functional replacement and true replacement? Should you care? Why?
How is actual cash value determined?
Can you do the repairs yourself? Are you entitled to the profit that a contractor would typically charge? Are you entitled to the overhead that a contractor would typically charge?
What are the benefits and the pitfalls of replacing your home vs. selling?
Do you have to replace on the same site? Can you buy or build elsewhere?
Can you collect code coverage allowances if you build elsewhere?
How quickly can you get started rebuilding?
Property Damage Losses Homeowners Claims Recovery Process
How Our Team Helps You
- Evaluate Evaluating your insurance policy to establish the best possible strategy for presenting your claim to the insurer.
- Strategy Valuing, documenting, and substantiating every detail.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Homeowners Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
Ace Novelty Company
- Albert "Sandy" Gallin Mirage Entertainment & Sports
- Alberta Gas & Chemical
- Alex & Jean Kyman (Vice Chairman City National Bank)
- American Pacific Engineering (Pepcon)
- American Rag C.I.E.
- Arctic Cold Storage
- Artcrafters Cabinets
- Athlone Industries
- Atlanta Oil Services Div Of: Advanced Petroleum
- Avery Products
- Avistar Communications
- Barbeques Galore
- Barry Swenson Builders
- Bay West Properties
- Beaulieu of America
- Beno's Department Stores
- Best Western International
- Boral Industries
- Boy Scouts of America / Los Angeles Area Council
- Brighton Stores
- Buchalter, Nemer, Fields & Younger
- Bugle Boy Clothing
- The Burruss Company
- Byer Sportsware
- Cambria Pines Lodge
- Carriage Industries, Inc.
- Cask 'N Cleaver Restaurants
- Cattelus, Inc. formerly Santa Fe Southern Pacific Corp.
- Center Theatre Group
- Cherokee Clothing
- China Basin Properties
- Choice Hotels International
- City National Bank
- The City of Whittier California
- Classic Resorts
- Clothestime, Inc.
- Coast Federal Bank
- Coast Metal Craft
- Coates & Sowards
- Contech Consultants, Inc.
- Continental Airlines
- Continental Currency Services
- Continental Graphics
- Crew Knitwear
- D.H.A. Siamwalla Ltd.
- Dairy Fresh / Ever Fresh
- Darling International
- Delta Flo Manufacturing
- Designworks, Inc.
- Developers Management Services (DMSI) Watt Industries
- DiMare, Inc.
- DIVI Resorts
- The Dubnoff Center
- Empire Rubber & Supply
- Encore Hospitality
- Eurofresh Farms
- Facciola Meat Company
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (F.D.I.C)
- Foremost Midwest World Headquarters
- Fowler Packing Company
- Foxy Fresh Produce
- Frank Bashor Supplies
- Gelson's Market
- General Cigar Holdings
- Gerber Childrenswear
- Gleason Corporation Missouri Fabricated Products
- Golden Valley Road Partnership (Paul Mitchell Cosmetics)
- Goodman Real Estate
- Grey Advertising
- Gumps Department Store
- H & E Home Centers
- Hamburger Hamlet Restaurants
- Harris Farms, Inc. / Harris Fresh
- Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Historic Hotels of America
- Hyundai Steel Industries
- Image Entertainment, Inc.
- Imperial Toy
- In-N-Out Burgers, Inc.
- Industrial Sterilization of Nevada
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
- Interstate Building
- J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises Eunice Kenndy Shriver
- Julius Goldman Egg City
- Kennedy Associates Real Estate Counsel
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) / Kazi Foods
- Kit Manufacturing Company
- Kornwasser & Associates
- Kuk Rim USA / Encor-Tex Company
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
- Ace Novelty Company