You quickly assembled a team to interact with the insurance company’s construction experts. We could have easily suffered additional losses had it not been for the timely settlement you negotiated with our insurance company. Thanks to your experience, skill, diligence, and company’s reputation we were able to recover our policy limits from the insurance company. Given the co-insurance limitations in our policy, this amount far exceeded what we could have recovered on our own. This is not to mention the amount of time, effort and distraction from our own insurance agency business it would have taken us to recover any of the monies. We consider the fee of almost $62,000 that we paid for your services to be very reasonable.
You just suffered serious damage to your apartment complex and you are wondering what to do next.
You call your insurance company and wait for an adjuster to come out hoping that they will have your best interests at heart.
You moved from the asset side of your insurance company's ledger to the liability side of their ledger.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
When filing an apartment complex insurance claim, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration. To help you navigate the process, we have put together several talking points for you to review. Having a full understanding of each of the below bullet points is crucial to documenting, filing, and successfully settling your insurance claim. If any of these questions give you pause, please feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
Can tenants stay in the undamaged units? Liability issues may make this a dangerous idea.
Your loss of rents claim is more than just submitting lease agreements. Why?
Replacement properties. Lease purchase strategy. Is it good for you?
Is it always beneficial for your building/property to be considered a “total loss?” If not, why not?
Are relocation expenses for Section 8 Housing tenants covered?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building consultants to prepare bids.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
What does Title 24 and handicap access mean to you and your claim?
If you place displaced tenants in undamaged units, how does it affect your rents claim?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Asbestos and lead-containing materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to avoid future liability issues?
- Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address.
- You want to make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Does your policy pay for removal of your tenants’ personal property? Disposal of your tenants’ property? Storage of your tenants’ property?
Are your continuing property management fees covered?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address code coverage?
- Green building upgrades?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- What is his/her background in construction?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Apartments Client References
In addition to the 5,000+ references on our list, here are some well-known names in the apartment complex community we have helped.
- Apartment Management Consultants (AMC)
- Autumn Creek Apartments
- Beja-Lemoore Apartments / Lakeview Apartments
- Better Property Management
- Bon Aire Apartments
- Calais Arms Apartments
- Canyon Cove Apartments
- The Carlisle Apartments
- City Plaza Apartments
- Colonade Apartments
- Devonshire Apartments
- Diamond View Apartments
- Fairview Manor Apartments
- Glen Willow Apartments
- Goldrich & Kest Industries
- Gridley Realty Company
- Harry Orbelian / George Orbelian
- Idle Hours Apartments
- JKL Corporation / Le Chateau Apartments
- Lakeside Apartments
- Lanai Garden Apartments
- Midway Offices LLC
- Miramar Apartments
- The Mosser Companies
- Palm Garden West Apartments
- The Park Apartments
- Prado Group
- Real Management Company
- Stadium Properties / Chamberlin & Associates
- Stevenson Street Partners
- Thunderbird Villas / Chamberlin & Associates
- Tierra Pointe Apartments
- Twin Garden Management
- USA Multifamily Housing
- Vallejo Housing Partners
- Whispering Oaks Apartments