I wanted to thank you for your wise counsel and hard work on behalf of Modesto City Schools. I have no doubt that your direct involvement alone was responsible in our achieving a fair settlement with our former insurance company.
Your school just suffered serious damage and you are wondering what to do next.
You call your insurance company and wait for an adjuster to come out hoping that they will have your best interests at heart. After all, they accepted your premium for years in a very nice way. Now you expect that they will "do the right thing."
You will soon discover that you've moved form the asset side of your insurance company's ledger (you paying your premiums on time) to the liability side of their ledger (they need to pay you for your damages). Often, the money they owe you now will far exceed any premium payment you paid or would pay in the future.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Factors To Consider
Make sure you fully understand the meaning of each of the following before you move forward. Feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
JPA's and Pools. Do they really have your district's best interest in mind?
Frequently insurance companies use independent building and equipment consultants on large claims to prepare a bid. Who are these consultants? Who are they working for?
Do they only work for insurance companies? Why this should be a red flag.
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Do we have the resources in-house to address students and teachers/ needs and get the most from the insurance company?
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire. How does your coverage address code coverage? Green building upgrades?
If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
What are extra expenses? Can you use extra expenses to offset shortfalls in property coverages?
Temporary facilities. Portables. Hardscape. Temporary or permanent? How to present your story can affect your recovery. Know your policy provisions.
Does your risk manager have the requisite skill sets to negotiate a large property claim?
Utilizing extra expense coverage to secure "E-Space" for classrooms off campus.
Typical school inventories can be 5,000 items or more. They need to have ages, source documents to support replacement prices, and condition coding to secure settlement. What is the time commitment necessary to prepare the inventory?
Title 24 and handicap bathrooms, bars, seating and dance floors. What does it mean to you? Your claim?
See the Commercial Claims and Business Interruption Claims pages for more you need to know about educational claims.
Educational Client References
In addition to the 5,000+ references on our list, here are some well-known names in the educational community we have helped.
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Union Trade School
- Almaden Country School
- American Legion Santa Ana Post 131
- Ashleigh Reynolds
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Bill & Virginia Armstrong
- Boys & Girls Club of Cloverdale
- Bradley Johnston
- The Brandeis Bardin Institute
- Bright Beginnings
- Camp Hess Kramer / Gindling Hilltop Camp / WIilshire Blvd Temple Camps
- Carl & Patricia Boutte
- Carlton Elementary School
- Catahoula Parish School Board
- Clackamas Community College
- Colby College
- Compass High School
- Concordia Parish School Board
- Dallas Public Schools
- David Kirp
- Dean College
- Deanna & Eric Yee
- Delta Sigma Phi / Clarkson University
- Dennis P. Flynn
- Dos Palos High School
- The Dubnoff Center
- Frank Habibian
- Frank Werblin
- Fresno Unified School District
- Gardiner Junior High School
- Gunn High School Palo Alto Unified School District
- Hannibal LaGrange College
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution
- Hoover Middle School/San Jose Unified/Gerald Matranga, Assoc. Supt
- Jack McAboy
- Jeff & Yelena Clark
- Jennifer Hirsh
- Jerome & Margaret Singer
- Jet Management Corp.
- Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles
- Jose & Ofelia Madriaga
- Jose Espino & John Dore
- Kent & Catherine Pivonka
- Klickitat School District
- Lezell Williams
- Mamdouh Aboelata
- Manuel & Minda Anorico
- Michael Scriven & Maryanne Warren
- Modesto City Schools
- Mohawk Central School
- Mora Independent Schools
- National Education Corporation
- Oak Grove School District Santa Teresa Elementary School
- Occidental College
- Oregon City Public Schools
- OSU Phi Kappa Psi
- Othel & Marcia Pearson
- Palmer Junior Middle School
- Palo Alto High School Palo Alto Unified School District
- Pan American Elementary Charter School
- Patten College
- Paul & Susan Corbett-Furgal
- Paul Ehlich, DDS, Adjunct Professor
- Robert Buchser
- Roger Mack
- Scott & Marsha Hudson
- Sephardic Hebrew Academy
- Soon K. Rho
- Stanislav Grof & Christina Grof
- Sylvan Learning System
- Tallulah Junior High School Madison Parish School Board
- Terry Geirman & Karen Marshall
- Theta Iota Chapter of Kappa Sigma
- University of California, Davis
- University Of Alaska
- Ventura County School System
- Wainright High School
- Wesley Stephen Brown
- Westside Jewish Community Center
- Woodburn High School